This is the story about a German guy who went to Taiwan to make his lifetime dream come true - mastering the Chinese language.

Mittwoch, 11. April 2007

You also have a Wii ???

Hello everybody!

I haven't written for quite a while now. Oh my god, was I busy! The other part of me, the one where I am this computer nerd got the upper hand again...at least for the last week. I have been working on a web project of mine and once it is finished, I'll tell you about it. Back in Germany I worked part-time as a php programmer, you know that web stuff. It is still a big hobby of me now and from time to time I got some ideas and I need to realize these ideas or I cannot relax anymore. But once finished, I am always very happy and that moment will come soon. Having time to write this article indicates that already...

But back to my Chinese studies. Yeah, Chinese class started this monday again, after 5 days of spring break. It was hard to go back to school. No, not because I lost my motivation to study Chinese! The wheather completely sucked! It didn't stop to rain and it was really cold. Walking through the rain for 20 minutes to get to school on a monday morning is far from ideal...but I have to fight for my Chinese to improve! :)

Class is as great as ever before. Today I could witness the magic of language once again. I have a Japanese in my class, he is 32 years old but looks younger than me. I had never talked to him before, but today in our little break, we started to talk. Of course in Chinese. I found out that he is also an electrical engineer and later we discovered that we have more in common: we are both fanatic videogamers! Ah, how great that was for me to speak with a Japanese about videogames! You know, Japan is *THE* country when it comes to videogames. Actually, I had never in my life spoken to a Japanese before, have you? In Chinese?? haha... :) We share the same passion, and we both own a Nintendo Wii, a Nintendo DS and a Playstation Portable. Actually it was funnny. I asked him if he had a Nintendo Wii already and he answered: "OF COURSE!" At that time we became friends. :) Learn languages - make new friends! We will bring our Nintendo DS to class tomorrow....

3 Kommentare:

老王媽 hat gesagt…

I think there is 50% possibility that your Japanese friend has a PS3 but no Xbox 360 ;). You know, 360 is "Americans' stuff" to Japanese, haha.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Just came across your blog searching for Shi Da on Google and it is great! Very interesting to follow your progress in learning Chinese. Really enjoy the pictures you post as well.

So I will bookmark this blog and look for updates.

insomniac hat gesagt…

Hi Benny, thanks a lot for your comment! Are you also thinking about coming to Shida?

Bye, Sebastian