This is the story about a German guy who went to Taiwan to make his lifetime dream come true - mastering the Chinese language.

Sonntag, 25. März 2007

Learn to live like a German!

Oh wow! That is so nice, haha! Let me show you what a fantastic book my girlfriend bought and why I mention it here on my blog about studying Chinese...



First of all, as you can clearly see it is in Chinese language. So it is already worth to mention here. ;) But what really stands out is the book's contents! The book's contents motivate me much more than the afore mentioned "Alchemist" to be able to read a Chinese book. Haha, I am still fascinated! The title of the book is "學德國人過生活" which could be translated as "Learn to live like a German"! Oh yeah! Germans enjoy a very good reputation here in Taiwan. But I never expected it to be soo good that they would even have a book about how great we Germans are!

Chapter by chapter the book reveals why the German lifestyle is so superior and why it should become a role model for everybody. The reader learns about all the different aspects of German life, be it education, work, transport (Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, Transrapid...oh my goodness, we really do rule!!!), leisure, food...




So all you guys out there who want to lead a better, more successful life and are able to read Chinese: get this book! It is highly recommended. Find out why we Germans are so much more than beer drinking, bread eating perfectionists that are always on time and love drive our Mercedes-Benz on the Autobahn (at breath taking speeds, I might add).

My girlfriend told me that she will happily read every single page and find out if everything is true. Until today, most stereotypes described in this book actually did apply, haha! And we are not talking about the beer section here. That withoubt doubt is true for sure.

Prost!


Munich, Oktoberfest 2006

1 Kommentar:

Mark hat gesagt…

German living- it's the uber-lifestyle. If I ever see that book, I'm buying it. :)